JustWait JustWait is offline

Default If this doesn't make you feel old and creaky...

On 1/15/2012 11:11 AM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 09:50:22 -0500, X `
wrote:

A big part of the attraction of football is the
likelihood of seeing over-steroided players beat the crap out of each
other, with the chance of seeing several carried off the field with
serious injuries.

===

With all due respect, that's nonsense. There certainly is fan
appreciation for good clean hits and empathy for the recipient, but
that is quite different from what you believe.

I have been a race fan all my life... I can honestly say I get up on my
feet and clench my cheeks during a great pass or hard fight, but not
during wrecks... I don't and never have watched racing for wrecks, just
like I don't watch football for hits, and I don't watch cage fighting
for hits either. I love watching a team or individual work their way to
victory... It's the science of the sports I love.

For instance, never cared for baseball at all but during World Series
games a few years back watching with my dad, I was fascinated by the
decisions and gamesmanship of the coach near the end of the game.. Can't
even tell you who won, but I remember the coach changing pitchers,
batters, runners.. etc.. It was very cool. I have probably never sat and
watched an entire basketball game but when I do see them play I am
amazed by the athletic ability of those big dudes...