Oscar Oscar is offline

Default If this doesn't make you feel old and creaky...

On 1/15/2012 8:17 AM, X ` Man wrote:
On 1/15/12 1:09 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 21:11:23 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Jan 14, 10:07 pm, wrote:
On 1/14/2012 10:52 PM, Earl wrote:

Happy John wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 20:39:31 -0500,
wrote:

X ` Man wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK9TP...&feature=share
Amazing performance but she will probably need knee and hip surgery
before she's 50.
As my younger daughter, a cheerleader and gymnast in high school,
will
attest. She goes in for her
hip surgery in about a week.
That's a rough sport.

I met an NFL alum that played in the Super Bowl and he could hardly
walk
at 44 years old.

Wonder if he had any regrets...

Several years ago, there was a documentary done on the likes of these
guys. Some were in wheel chairs. They were asked the same question,
and ironically most said they had no regrets at all and if able would
'do it again'

One of my neighbors was an NFL DE (Tom Nomina, Denver and Miami) and
he only played 2 seasons in the show plus high school and college. He
is suffering from a multitude of injuries (knee, back etc). These guys
get the crap beat out of them.
He is a great guy tho and still helps out in the community as much as
he can. Sometimes it is a little painful to watch.

Pro football has deteriorated into a gladiator sport where deliberately
inflicting injuries on opposing players is encouraged. Even professional
boxing is a more civilized sport, because you can be penalized or even
disqualified for certain actions. I have a friend who was an all-pro
linebacker for the 'Skins. I think he played 10 seasons. I never went to
see him play because I didn't want to see him sustain a horrific injury.
Fortunately, he got out without his brains being scrambled. Pro football
is a perfect metaphor for our callous society.

How about the Brady Bunch game last night. A little lopsided though.