Glenn Ashmore

Default Software to graph NMEA Windspeed

While you guys are working on programs, I want to see one that produces
polars from actual data. Say you would set the sea state and then when
you get the boat really cooking you hit a button and it records the wind
data and boat speed. Then it would sort it all out and plot polars for
each sea state.

Another option would be to just constantly record the data and then use
peak boat speeds maintained for more than say 30 seconds to select the
points to plot.

It would be really interesting to invite a hotshot crew of racing
sailors to sail a boat and produce a set of polars then do the same with
your regular crew and try to match the results. It would be a great way
to refine sail trim and helm techniques.

Willem Amels wrote:

Hello,

We have a tool under development which graphs wind speed and direction and
much more. You can set the time span from 1 minute until 16 hours and the
program offers many options for filtering and averaging the data.

If you combine it with a screen capture facility and automatic FTP it may
do the job for you.

You can download a 30 day trial version
at:
http://www.nauticis.com/download/supernova.rar