Default Software to graph NMEA Windspeed

This is for a base station wind instrument which I'm putting together for a sailing club.
They have the NMEA instrument and have asked that I can put nice pretty graphs of wind
speed and direction up on their website. I'm thinking of just writing some code myself to
take the input and create a text file with it and have that FTP'd to their webspace and
run CGI scripts to graph it.

This might make it a bit clearer!
I hope

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 16:59:10 GMT, "Glen Wiley Wilson"
wrote:

I could add a graph of that type to my cpRepeater program in about 20
minutes, since I already have graphs like course, speed, and depth.
But cpRepeater would probably be overkill for your needs and isn't
primarily a graphing tool; the graphs aren't what I'd call
presentation quality. I'll likely add everything you asked for except
jpg save to the next free maintenance release, though. It seems like
an attractive feature. I'll have to think about the save feature...

Do you want to do this occasionally, or all the time? It makes a
difference. If you just want to do it occasionally, you could live
with a more manual procedure. I'm pretty sure I've seen at least one
freeware NMEA to disk logger. Given the data, you could graph it with
a spreadsheet package, which would also have the avility to save the
graph. For instance, cpRepeater does log the data you want to disk
(at intervals you set) as a file you could easily import into a
spreadsheet and graph to your heart's content. Then, you could save
the graph or even capture it with a freeware screen capture utility
like AnalogX Capture.

That said, what you're looking for should be pretty simple to build;
I'll be surprised if you don't get a pointer to something that will
work. If not, I might knock something out when I have time. Is this
a home use thing or is it for the boat?

Glen "Wiley" Wilson usenet1 SPAMNIX at worldwidewiley dot com
To reply, lose the capitals and do the obvious.

Take a look at cpRepeater, an NMEA data integrator, repeater, and
logger at http://www.worldwidewiley.com/