Meindert Sprang

Default Pump RUNNING Indication

"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 17:36:50 -0400, "Doug Dotson"
wrote:

Meindert,

That is a new notation for me. Is it a European thing? I like it.
Compact!

Doug

That's the resistance that's printed on the top of all the surface
mount tiny resistors. You can't see a PERIOD that small....(c;

This notation already existed long before SMD parts came to this planet.
There has been a similar discussion about this in another newsgroup a few
months ago. But the reason for this notation is indeed readability. A period
is just to tiny and they can disappear or appear when a schematic is copied.

Meindert