Doug Dotson

Default Battery Water (revisited)

I was referring to cruisers that have talked to
that have them. Sorry, I didn't make that clear.

Doug

"Vito" wrote in message
Doug Dotson wrote:

Dunno, but they do get good reviews.

A company selling devices guaranteed to increase your motorcycle's HP
and mileage set up a demo booth at a major rally and one of the foremost
cruising bike rags paid them several $100 to install a set in a bike
they were testing. Sure enough, they got more apparent power and
measured a 10% increase in mileage and gave the device a stunning
review. Naturally, the company hyped that report to sell 1000s of their
devices.

Meanwhile, performance oriented rags said "BS!", if they worked why
didn't mfgr.s like Honda use them to whup their rivals on the track? One
rag did a before-after dyno test that proved the things actually cut
power and mileage. Miffed, the first rag decided to dupe that test.
Since the devices were already in their bike they did runs with them
first. Then they tried to remove them and guess what - to their
everlasting chagrin the crooks selling them had never installed them and
they were left to explain why an *unchanged* bike had made more power
and used less gas!! At least they were honest enough to admit they'd
been duped - which is more than most will do. I've been leery of reviews
ever since ....