Doug Dotson

Default Battery Water (revisited)

"Mark" wrote in message
om...
Anyone have any idea of what would be exceptable for my $600+ battery

bank??
Perhaps I should call Trojan??

I called Trojan headquarters last week and asked exactly that
question. The technician said 100ppm TDS or less is acceptable for a
typical boat application, and grocery store "distilled" water almost
always beats that spec by a mile. If not, there'd be a whole bunch of
ladies toting steam irons raising holy hell at the store.

We also talked about RO watermakers; he said they typically produce
200ppm water which is not acceptable long term, but certainly a top
off or two isn't a concern. He said there's a simple solution for
cruisers with RO in far away places; run the RO product water through
the watermaker a second time to make your battery water.

One simple solution is to use sealed batteries