Rick

Default Battery Water (revisited)

Steve wrote:

In another store I found two brands of "distilled" water. One label stated
that it came for "Portland water system, charcoal filtered, Reverse Osmoses
or steam distilation." I many not have the wording exactly, but that "OR"
worrys me. Else where on the label it states that it has less than 1ppm
solids.

If that is from the Portland, Oregon water supply it is good enough to
use out of the tap.

I purchased a couple gallons of the product that provided the info on TDS
(1ppm) but now I'm unsure of how high a TDS I should allow.. I have no idea
where to have a sample tested of the other stuff..

If you are really that uptight about the water you can buy a small TDS
meter for a couple of hundred bucks. They read in either PPM or TDS and
for conversion purposes PPM is about 2/3rds of TDS in micromhos and good
distillate will be well under a hundred and really good is under 10 mmhos.

If you are desperate send me a pint and I will test it for TDS,
chlorides, and pH but it hardly seems worth the effort. The first time
you add water through a salt-air damp funnel or transfer crud from the
battery fill necks you will have wasted a years worth of worrying.

Anyone have any idea of what would be exceptable for my $600+ battery bank??
Perhaps I should call Trojan??

Makes a lot more sense than believing what you read in a newsgroup.

Rick