Ryk

Default Charging cordless drill on boat ?

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 13:55:53 -0700, in message

OMOO wrote:

Correction/addition - what I should have said is that the fuse on the
110 VAC charger blows on both the inverter and the Honda - that's why
the battery doesn't charge.

A friend bought a 19.2 v Sears cordless drill for use on his boat.
He's cruising now in Aust so no 110 VAC wall power. The charger won't
charge the 19.2 VDC battery on either his inverter or his Honda
generator. Sears doesn't have a 12VDC charger so now what.

If he has access to 220/240 shore power, then perhaps a 2:1 step down
transformer will solve the problem for the drill and any other AC
stuff on board. They are not too pricey, especially for a small load
like a drill charger.

Another possibility is that the charger draw on the non-ideal power is
a little higher in a transient way -- he could try a slow blow fuse of
the same rating.

Ryk
--
Unfortunately this address has been overrun by SPAM.
If you want to be sure I see email from you, then