genius genius is offline

Default Trolling motor question

On Dec 19, 2:23*pm, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
"genius" wrote in message

Hey all,

We have a 2000 caravelle 176 open bow and my dad wants to install a
trolling motor. *He got a Minnkota transom mount with 54" length (prop
to motor) and planned to just clamp it on the fiberglass siderails
behind driver or passenger seats. *The problem is the siderails are
tapered at the top where the tonneau cover goes and the trolling motor
keeps slipping off. *We want the trolling motor to be removable since
it will rarely be used and we don't want a bow mount because a lot of
times, in colder weather, we run with the front tonneau snapped in
place to reduce wind and the motor and/or bracket would interfere with
the tonneau. *We were really hoping to have a motor that we can run
right on the boat that's easy to remove and store without any
permanent brackets. *Does such a thing exist?

I was also thinking on the stern, there's a flat area near the ladder
that might be a good place for a permanently mounted motor that we can
lift in and out of the water, like a bow mounted. *However, my dad is
in his late 70's and having to crawl over the engine cover to get to
the trolling motor seems like a recipe for disaster to me!

TIA,

Derek

fresh and sal****er versions he

http://mk.factoryoutletstore.com/cat...gine-Mount-Ser...

Fantastic, thanks for the links. I have never seen anything like that
and didn't know it existed. I guess with this setup you use the
steering wheel to steer and probably doesn't give the mobility of a
360 degree mount but prices are reasonable, seems easy to mount and
it's permanently out of the way. Thanks for the info!