Steve

Default NMEA Multiplexing ?

I'm running into similar problems and questions with the talker conflict..

I have my GPS sending the NMEA sentence to the my laptop serial port. The
Capn recieves that position data etc for my plot.

I then can have The Capn send Cross Track info to my Auto Pilot interface
for course correction.

However, The Capn appearently sends the AP XTE data out the same port as the
GPS input.

Is The Capn doing any multiplexing or timing of this data??

When I monitor the NMEA data sentences from the GPS, using Hyper Terminal, I
see that the GPS is out puting a XTE, APA & APB sentences.

(I haven't yet, figured out how to turn off the GPS XTE output. There always
seems to be some data in these sentences.)

Or! (thinking out loud) Is it possible to just connect the laptop serial
Data out and Data Com to the AP interface while leaving the serial Data in
and Data Com connected to the GPS. This would create a second NMEA data
stream, wouldn't it?? (I think that is the way I have it right now, and it's
not working)

I really wish I could find a way to make The Capn output the AP XTE to a
seperate serial port. Sure would make life easier.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions