Tom Young

Default marine electronics package....

"Keith" wrote in message ...
Breakwater marine electronics.

--

Keith
__
"Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be
happier than others" - Oscar Wilde
"Wolf" wrote in message
m...
Who installed that "crap" on your boat?

Wolf
"Keith" wrote in message
Yes, I did. I'm of the opinion that Raymarine is making crap right now,

due
to increased demand for profits at the expense of quality. I've seen

lots
of
their open arrays replaced due to bad design resulting in water

intrusion.
Their warranty service department is swamped due to large numbers of

units
being returned. My cable "went bad" for no reason... no punctures, cuts,
etc. Matter of fact, the store I bought it from is thinking of not

carrying
Raymarine any longer due to the high numbers of warranty repairs they

are
having to do. They recommend Furuno now.

--

Keith
__
"Tom Young" wrote in message
m...
Anyone have a definite thought on the differences between a Raymarine
package and a Furuno package. I've got a new boat due in shortly and
I have been really hung up on the reputation and apparent quality
differences of the Furuno. But, I've got a dealer/installer claiming
the Raymarine is everybit as good and what really matters is the
quality of the installation and of course, his choice of installers is
him. I'm going for a radar/plotter/depthsounder/ autopilot with a
couple of repeaters involved. (36' boat-upper and lower stations.)

Anyone had a situation where they ordered the stuff from someone like
"Marine Electronics" or some other big discounter and had a FREELANCER
install all the stuff on your boat. What do the Mfg's do about
warranty when a "non-Authorized" dealer/installer was used. Isn't
most of this stuff "Plug and Play"?

Thanks for any help you can give....I'm sorta bewildered at the
moment.

I appreciate everyone's comments on the Raymarine/Furuno
question...Now one mo Anyone out there had any experience with an
INTERPHASE PROBE? It is a sonar capable of depicting the bottom
either to the sides or in the case of the "Probe" from beneath your
boat to the surface forward of your boat out to a distance (they say)
of over a thousand feet.....Anyone know anything about these? Thanks
again..