jps

Default marine electronics package....

"Tom Young" wrote in message
m...
Anyone have a definite thought on the differences between a Raymarine
package and a Furuno package. I've got a new boat due in shortly and
I have been really hung up on the reputation and apparent quality
differences of the Furuno. But, I've got a dealer/installer claiming
the Raymarine is everybit as good and what really matters is the
quality of the installation and of course, his choice of installers is
him. I'm going for a radar/plotter/depthsounder/ autopilot with a
couple of repeaters involved. (36' boat-upper and lower stations.)

I've installed all my Raytheon gear myself with no problems. When I needed
to isolate a problem with my open array the techs walked me though the
diagnosis procedure and identified the part with me. I was very pleased
with their tech support.

jps