Wolf

Default marine electronics package....

I have a Raytheon package on my 36. Chart plotter/Radar, ST 60
Tridata(depth, speed and temp). Autopilot is a 6000 series with no problems
at all since 2 years.
Raytheon has a 2 year warranty (some only have 1) and I got great customer
service from an authorized dealer after my speed indicator failed. No fuss,
one signature and the stuff got fixed.
Raytheon is now Raymarine and they are a separate company no, more flexible
and great quality.

Just my 2 Cents here.

Wolf
"Tom Young" wrote in message
m...
Anyone have a definite thought on the differences between a Raymarine
package and a Furuno package. I've got a new boat due in shortly and
I have been really hung up on the reputation and apparent quality
differences of the Furuno. But, I've got a dealer/installer claiming
the Raymarine is everybit as good and what really matters is the
quality of the installation and of course, his choice of installers is
him. I'm going for a radar/plotter/depthsounder/ autopilot with a
couple of repeaters involved. (36' boat-upper and lower stations.)

Anyone had a situation where they ordered the stuff from someone like
"Marine Electronics" or some other big discounter and had a FREELANCER
install all the stuff on your boat. What do the Mfg's do about
warranty when a "non-Authorized" dealer/installer was used. Isn't
most of this stuff "Plug and Play"?

Thanks for any help you can give....I'm sorta bewildered at the
moment.