JR North

Default Waterproof Material or Rubber under a hinge??

How about some cloth-like material? Some Chris engineer
probably already figured out it worked well.
JR

Gary Warner wrote:

Still working on the '58 Chris-Craft. Still "almost done" ... except for the
trailer.

Anyway, there is a hatch door. It hinges across the top. When we took it
apart
to sand it down and revarnish it, there was some cloth-like marerial under
the
hinge. I believe it was there to help keep rain or spray water from
entering the
cabin through the hinge. (The hinge is about 18" long.)

The material that came out of it was a heavy cloth. But that disintegrated.
Anyone
know what could be used there instead. Rubber might work, but I'm thinking
that
with all the times that hatch will get opened/closed - rubber might wear out
quickly.

Thanks,
Gary