Bruce in Alaska

Default Battery Water??

In article ,
(Capt Lou) wrote:

I cannot believe that all you people only use distill water in your batteries!
Come on and tell me the truth! You are all kidding right? Never used tap water
in your battery? I do, and my batteries last as long as anyone else's!

"Listen to the live broadcast of 'Nautical Talk Radio' with Captain Lou every
Sunday afternoon from 4 - 5 (Eastern Standard Time) on the web at
www.959watd.com or if you are in Boston or Cape Cod set your radio dial to
95.9FM.

It really depends on the amount of dissolved minerals in your tap water.
some places have dissolved Iron and copper salts in their water which
will kill a battery faster than crap thru a goose. some of the natural
Calcium sdalts will do the same. With Distilled Water, this is never a
problem. I suspect most folks don't even know what is in thier tap
water if anything.

Bruce in alaska