Terry Spragg

Default Radar effectivness

beryl wrote:

Is there any advantages in having a 4kw as opposed to 2kw antenna
apart from the additional range. Which for me is a unwanted feature.

Will the higher powered unit detect targets in close proximity (less
than a mile) that would possibly have not been detected by the lower
powered unit or is everything just lost in sea clutter.

Has anyone had experience of changing to a more higher power antenna
and the possible advantages.

Range vs noise rejection:

If the antenna is low, it will see less clutter, and will have
shorter range.
If the AE is high, it will see less close in, and see more
including clutter, far away.

--
Terry K - My email address is MY PROPERTY, and is protected by
copyright legislation. Permission to reproduce it is