Jere Lull

Default VHF Hi/Lo Tx??

Larry W4CSC wrote:

The use of 25W any time 1W will make communications is illegal......on
any channel.

Excuse me, but while I agree with your intention.... "illegal"? hardly.
A waste and annoyance? Yes.

One of our biggest problems on Channel 16 is MARINAS.

Hardly, at least in our area. Most of the time, I can hear the boater,
but not the marina and except in a few cases, the only thing the marina
says on 16 is "Ack and switch to ....". Quite a bit of the time, they're
talking 100mw on a handheld anyway.

I think all marina operations should be handled on the COMMERCIAL
channels set aside for operations, like Channel 10. Marinas ARE
commercial marine businesses, you know, just like tugboats and
sightseeing boats.

I strongly disagree. I'll use 10 and such only to talk to our towboat
operator. I'd like it as clear as possible. I don't want the uninformed
(marina or boater) getting used to using these channels. If they're
using low power, they hardly contribute to the congestion on the "CB"
channels.

'Course, I will call up tugs and freighters on 13....

--
Jere Lull