Larry W4CSC

Default Nikkai 800W inverter

A little more money on the manufacturing line of any boat product
would greatly enhance reliability. But, alas, they'd have to stop
making such cheap crap as you see in every boat store in the
country.....(sigh)

Electrical and electronic stuff under $3K is all crap!

On 20 Aug 2003 18:22:35 GMT, (BOEING377) wrote:

original failure in this one appears to be a blown electolytic

I swear, blown electrolytic caps account for about 80% of the failures I have
seen in marine electronics. Wonder what it would take to make ones that are
more reliable? I once had a Wood Freman 500 autopilot fail on a tuna voat
halfway between Midway Island and Japan.
Had to take some electrolytics from a crew man's casette deck to fix it. Given
the choice of hand steering his watches, he gladly sacrificed the caps.

Larry W4CSC

Maybe we could get the power grid fixed if every politician
regulating the power companies wasn't on their payrolls.