BOEING377

Default and ANOTHER thing on VHF....

I hear boats MILES away talking to other stations within sight of them. I
hear boats MILES away talking to the guy on the dock with a portable (within
view) to ask if there is a slip available for dining. I hear calls to the
marina for service....and the marina is 10-15 MILES AWAY....and SO is the
maritime station!

I am able to complete 95% of my communications on VHF with the LOW POWER
SETTING.....I wish other boaters would be aware of how they interfere
unnecessarily by not using low power whenever possible. ALL CALLS should be
tried on low power FIRST!

Dont you wish they had made all VHFs with a mic that had some kind of two
button system where normal use was one watt and two buttons had to be depressed
for 25 watt operation?