Larry W4CSC

Default Furuno vs. Raymarine radar

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 19:14:13 -0500, "Keith"
wrote:

FYI, I had a new Raymarine radar that went bad after 6 months. The cable
somehow went bad... no explanation, pinches, cuts, pokes, etc. The place
that sold it to me said that they've had so many warranty repairs with
Raymarine that they're thinking of dropping the line. They said that they
thought Furuno was the only way to go for radar.

BTW, I bought the 4KW dome, since I saw three Raymarine open arrays replaced
ON MY PIER due to water intrusion... bad (cheap) design.

Add another one. Our 2KW Raymarine radome failed and had water and
corrosion in it when it was removed from the Endeavour 35's stern
mount to be placed on the Amel Sharpi's mizzen mount. Raymarine
replaced the whole thing with a new one.

Raymarine is another company that could stand a kick in the ass. The
control cable to the 2KW radome is that same cheap kind of PC board
connector. It was just crimped and 2 wires came out of it while we
were feeding it through the "watertight" fitting. I soldered them all
from the back of the connector. Damned cheap marine companies....

Larry W4CSC

Maybe we could get the power grid fixed if every politician
regulating the power companies wasn't on their payrolls.