Kelton Joyner

Default NMEA Multiplexing ?

One talker with 3 listeners should be O.K. if the GPS has enough output
to drive all three. Multiplexers are only required when there are
multiple talkers. The multiplexed will combine the output sentences and
the listening devices will only respond to sentences they understand.

Kelton
s/v Isle Escape

jeannette wrote:
Hello all,

I have been looking at the NMEA Multiplexers. They all seem to be for
multiple talkers going into a PC.
I have 1 GPS (talker) that I want to connect to a PC (The Capn), an
NMEA Repeater in the cockpit and a Radar. In fact 1 talker, 3
listeners. I have everything connected in parallel right now and it
seems to work. Is that bad???

Jeannette Bristol 32, San Francisco
http://www.eblw.com/contepartiro/contepartiro.html