John

Default Garmin 182C vs. Standard Horizon CP150C, screen clarity

Surely another reason for staying with Garmin would be that your Blue Charts
will swap from 176c to 182c.

"ONE" wrote in message
.. .
That is an easy answer.
Go with the Garmin they are good and reliable. The only things you should
buy from Standard is their radios and the depth sounder ds445 serie.

Garmin
is a GPS company and the support is quite good.

ONE Inc. Canada

"xltclassic98" a écrit dans le message de news:
I am in the market for a new GPS. I currently am using a Garmin 176C.
I've been using this for the last three years on my snowmobile and it
works great. I bought a boat this spring and thought this would work
fine. With the summer sun stronger and higher in the sky than in the
winter, the color screen is completely washed out and that makes this
fine GPS totally useless. I've tried to put a hood over it, no luck.
I'm looking at the Standard cp150c vs. the Garmin 182c. I have not
made up my mind on a color screen or not. I know the standard's color
is advertised as great in the sun, but how about Garmin. Since I'm on
a budget, I might have to settle for a mono screen, does anyone have
any experience with either of these GPS's with a mono screen. I'm
familiar with all the specs on both, but a GPS is useless if you can't
read the screen.