noah

Default Virus Alert- email from rec.boats

....just wanted to give everyone a "heads up".

I recently received a few emails from rec.boats users concerning my
FAQ questions, and also concerning "scareing" a 20hp Merc to put out
30hp.

Almost immediately, my rec.boats email addy started getting thumped
with virus attachments. I haven't sent the virus to McAfee yet, but
it is probably one of the current email worms or bugs. I update every
couple of days, use a firewall, and also use an email quarantine
utility, so it didn't get through to my system.

Most of the virus email subjects repute to be a "Microsoft Security
Update", or related MS Upgrade. A few subjects referred to
"Undeliverable Mail".

Be careful. Don't click on *any* executable (in this case it's 104Kb)
unless you know what it is.

Anyone who has emailed me recently should do a thorough virus scan,
with an updated protection program. It's a pretty good bet that one
of you has the virus, and it put me on the sucker list.

As you were... )
noah