JAD

Default Experts, please review my isolator install.....

I am adding a second battery to my small cabin sailboat, as a "house"
battery. Basically, it will run one thermoelectric cooler while away from
shore power. I am NOT planning on using a battery switch. I would sure
like to add a simple schematic to my post....but since binaries are frowned
upon (and I don't have the means to draw one on the computer anyway,)
here's the plan:

Engine (40hp Suzuki) NEGATIVE to battery #1 (starting) NEGATIVE. Engine
POSITIVE to center (feed) terminal of isolator. The isolator OUTPUTS will
go to the POSITIVES of batteries #1 and #2, respectfully.

CABLE from NEGATIVE of battery #1, to NEGATIVE of battery #2.

Accessories such as stereo, VHF, the feed for cabin and navigation light
panel will be attached to battery #1 + and -.

The accessory plug for the cooler will bridge the battery #2 + and -. (the
cooler draws 6 amps....my 100 a/h gel cell runs it all night after a good
charge now.)

I am NOT too worried about using battery #2 for starting.....I have a "jump
start" battery that is always well maintained....and have never had to use
it even after an overnight with stereo playing, judicious cabin lighting
use, and burning anchor light after dark.

Any potential for unwanted power feedback with this plan?

My thanks in advance!

Joe
s/v "South of 80"
Charlestown, MD
(PLEASE remove the obvious anti-spam text from my e-mail address if you
reply there)