MDJ

Default PC Viewer for Garmin Bluecharts

Don't think that's possible with the Garmin stuff, but if you are
interested, check out this software.

http://www.rcds.co.uk

In the current version of the software, it only uses ARCS british admiralty
raster charts but you can add notes to a waypoint and attach images etc.

Hope this helps

MarkDJ
http://www.princessownersclub.com

"RoyB" wrote in message
One feature that comes to mind that I'd like is;

I'd like to be able to insert an object sort of like a waypoint,
except that we might call it an "Information point". The idea being
that I could attach a lengthy note to the point containing some useful
info relating to a location.. or perhaps this same "Info point" could
have a URL instead of or in addition to a comment and clicking the url
could take me to a web page or document,

Obviously this would only be useful when viewing on a PC and couldn't
be downloaded to my GPS, but I intend to take a laptop along on trips
in dah boat anyway.

That sort of thing is one idea.

I'm going to be awfully embarassed if someone now tells me that what I
want to do is already there.

Roy

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 15:47:56 -0700, "Chuck Tribolet"
wrote:

What functionality do you want? I'm not sure there's much more that
could be done with available data.

And have you upgraded Mapsource off Garmin's website?