Erik the Bold

Default Mariner Electric Trim&Tilt

Relays ?? Do you mean power relay or trim pump solenoids ??

Are they the pump or engine mounted ones?
What happens to the solenoid/relay ?

If power relay, make sure that they are isolated with rubber grommet so
attachment can "flex". Make sure they point down so water does not enter.
Remove any silicone grease from relay and boot using CRC chlorinated brake
cleaner (red can) or equivalent.

If trim solenoids, use offshore version. PM me and I'll get p/n for you.
I've been racing 2.4 and 2.5 versions for 18 years and have only had maybe
(2) fail in that time.

"monty" wrote in message
om...
Hi all

I have 2 Mariner 50 hp outboards ( 96/97 model, 3 cyl, two stroke,
elec start ) and the two relays per engine which drive the electric
trim&tilt keeps on going south.

The relays aren't exactly cheap and it's annoying. The boat shop
acknowledges that it's a problem with this model, but are adamant that
there's no long-term solution.

Any advice ?

Rgds

Monty