Steve

Default Fuse in alternator wiring??

Several of you have suggested the Zap-Stop to shunt the alternator output
to ground, if the battery is disconnected or the inline fuse were to blow..

Sounded like a workable solution until I read the discription in their ad.
"ZAP-STOP, along with the integral 20 amp slow-blow fuse,...." .

My alternator is capable of 100 amp and the AUTOMAC II is going to be
regulating the output up to that rating. If I have a 100 amp fuse in the
line between the alternator output terminal and the battery disconnect
switch and that fuse blows, then the 20 amp fuse in the Zap-Stop is also
going to blow. This would then render the Zap-Stop useless.

What am I missing here??

Steve
s/v Good Intentions