Tim Tim is offline

Default Interesting info about vessel which caused Halifax Explosion

On Dec 6, 5:32*pm, bpuharic wrote:
On Tue, 6 Dec 2011 15:10:33 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

On Dec 6, 3:19 pm, North Star wrote:
http://thechronicleherald.ca/metro/3...ion-vessels-re....

"About 20 minutes later, on Dec. 6, 1917, the explosion of the other
ship s volatile cargo laid waste to two square kilometres of the city,
killed almost 2,000 and injured 9,000."

WOW!!!!

I just googled up some pictures of the wreckage left after the
explosion. Devastating doesn't describe it.

Thanks Don.

similar thing happened in california in ww 1.

I remember "Life" had an expose on that several years ago. . Wasn't it
a huge oil tank farm that exploded?