Rodney Myrvaagnes

Default Radar for a 27' sloop

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 02:16:37 -0700, "David Oswald"
wrote:

I'm considering adding radar to my Catalina 27 TR. But I just can't see
spending thousands. What is the least expensive system I can get into that
is still worth having?

The Furuno 1620 definitely meets that threshold. Its display can be
mounted out in the weather, so you can see it while steering, a real
plus in my experience. Secondly, its radome is quite light, which is
good.

I do not know from personal experience that the JRC does not meet your
threshold. It is even less expensive than the 1620 and looks small
enough so it shouldn't be heavy.

Rodney Myrvaagnes J36 Gjo/a

"That idiot Leibniz, who wants to teach me about the infinitesimally small! Has he therefore forgotten that I am the wife of Frederick I? How can he imagine that I am unacquainted with my own husband?"