Peter Bennett

Default Advice please: starting problems

On 02 Jul 2003 13:52:45 GMT, (Plexiform) wrote:

Thanks for the advice. I have changed the battery in my motorcycle before but
never in my boat.....is there anythign in particular I need to know
specifically about boat batteries or will it be the same at when I changed the
bike battery? Thanks again.

Asad

Sounds like you want to buy a "marine starting battery" - the only
difference between this and a traditional automotive starting battery
is that the marine version has carrying handles, and threaded posts on
the terminals. (and may cost a little more :-( ) (I've noticed that
some modern automotive batteries have strange terminals, and may be
somewhat smaller than the traditional "group 24" size.)

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
new newsgroup users info :