DUINK

Default Engine Efficiency Improvements over 20 years

I would expect someone in Alaska to be more influenced by another diesel
shortcoming (in addition to more expensive and heavy engines, stinky fuel and
exhaust, requiring extreme fuel cleanliness, and algae growing fuel): hard to
start in cold weather. I had a diesel Mercedes car once - never again. And
most of us continue to have gas cars today instead of diesel.

From a safety standpoint, I suppose the ultimate test is whether insurance
companies give a discount for diesel vs gas. They would have the data to
determine if one or the other was more likely to cause a claim.

Not to mention the fact that diesel doesn't go 'boom' when you light a
match next to it, unlike gas.

and diesels keep running as long as the fuel flows, no ignition,
sparkplug, or carburator problems with diesels.

Bruce in alaska who hates sparkplugs......