iBoaterer[_2_] iBoaterer[_2_] is offline

Default Cain Drops Out

In article ,
says...

On 12/4/11 5:12 AM, Eisboch wrote:

"X ` Man" wrote in message ...

I hope the nominee is Newt. I'd love to see Obama win in a walk and in
the process just about skewer any future presidential hopes for the GOP.

I could never vote for Newt, but the last part of your sentence bothers me.
As an independent voter, it disturbs me to see people so married to a
particular party
that future, highly qualified and capable people will never be given any
thoughtful
consideration .... simply because of their party affiliation.

Right now we happen to have a bunch of politicians populating Wash DC that
are behaving like school children wanting lollipops. They all chant the
same
representative BS of their party mantra, and the vast majority of them are
political whores chasing $$ contributions. Even Obama is involved, giving
populist speeches full of anti big-business rhetoric while accepting
re-election
contributions from the same business groups he is castigating in the
speeches.

This country needs a strong, two party system as a check and balance
safety net.
Right now we just don't have enough honest, mature people in either.

Eisboch

The current GOP is so far to the right that it will take a string of
election results disastrous for it before what remains of the party
rebuilds on a center-right frame. If it can't return to the
center-right, it'll become and remain a fringe party full of nutcases
and nutcase candidates. As far as the anti-big-business rhetoric goes,
yeah, I agree...big business in collusion with big banks and big
brokerage houses and big politicians have created a situation in which
this country is being stripped clean of assets. The only possibility for
change is to get the money out of politics...and how the hell is that
supposed to happen?

And the current Dems are so far left that they won't work with the
right, either.