Terry Spragg

Default suggestions for optimal 'cruisin'' hammock....

Courtney Thomas wrote:

I'm thinking of freeing up some below deck space and am considering
hammock usage rather than bunks.

Caveats and kudos from experienced users would be appreciated.

Courtney

Hammocks are not comfortable, especially if you are not used to
heavy bent over work. They are murder on your back. Nor is it
possible to lie on your tummy in a hammock unless you are a drunken
contortionist, feeling no pain.

You have to be dead tired and cold in your bones before you feel any
comfort from sleeping in what amounts to the bottom of a big sack.

Try one for a week at home before you take the plunge.

How sailors ever got girls into one is beyond me.

Terry K