DSK

Default Engine Efficiency Improvements over 20 years

Rod McInnis wrote:
In general, a diesel engine weighs a lot more than a gas engine of the same
horsepower.

30 years ago, that was true. Now I don't think the weight difference is
all that much, unless of course you're talking about comparing Rotax
engines... I don't think they put diesels in ultralight planes yet

In this case, the specifics are in the last issue of Soundings, I
believe they gave the engine weights. IIRC there was not much difference
in engine weights, although the diesels were of slightly less HP they
had more torque and a much wider power band.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King