Doug Dotson

Default Yanmar 3GM30f manual start ..Help !

The 3GM30F has a special setting for starting. The
throttle should always be placed in the full idle
position to enable the starting configuration. If
you ar placing it at 1/8 throttle, you are making
it harder to start the engine. 5 seconds is pretty
long to start. Mine generally kicked over within
1 second of turning the key.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Marc" wrote in message
Decompression levers were all engaged. tried dropping them
sequentially, and then all at once. tried with the engine cold and
hot. Engine in fine tune, normally starts within 5 secs. of ign on. at
1/8th throttle. 2 other marina mates tried with same lack of results.
If you are interested in a non electric start, try
http://www.springstarter.com/frameset.htm
On 21 Jul 2004 14:32:59 GMT, (Hmseconomy) wrote:

maybe you can get enough
rotational speed; but not on any boat I know of.

I'm just curious, but did you try to crank your engine with the

decompression
levers off?