X ` Man X ` Man is offline

Default A cell phone case for real men...

On 12/2/11 9:55 AM, Black Cloud wrote:
On Fri, 2 Dec 2011 05:49:31 -0800 (PST), North wrote:

On Dec 1, 10:41 pm, wrote:
On Thu, 01 Dec 2011 14:00:43 -0500, wrote:
On Thu, 01 Dec 2011 08:15:20 -0500, X ` Man
wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0XJt...eature=related

These guys know how to use the video medium to demo a product.
Since this is a boat group, the question is how long will it keep out
salt water.

Put it in your pocket, jump overboard swim around a few minutes and
see if you can still dial 911. That is the real test.

===

I've had good luck with small zip lock sandwich bags when I remember
to use them - cheap, effective and convenient.

That's what I use for both the cell phone and my roll of cash.
The smaller the boat, it seems the more likely you are to get at least
a little wet.

These guys are great for keeping all that small stuff in.

http://tinyurl.com/d3fs5wg

And, they're cheap!

Waterproof mesh, Herring? Is that like "transparent aluminum" from that
StarTrek movie about the whales?

There are several cases claiming to be waterproof for iPhones, including
this one:

http://www.waterproofiphonecase.net/...ne-tough-case/

But it's $179, about as much as getting a damaged iPhone replaced while
in contract from your cell service provider.

Over the decades, I've dropped my cell phones on the ground - concrete,
wood floors, whatever, more than a few times, without breaking one, and
I've managed to get water splashed on more than a few, but...I've never
dunked one "over its head," so to speak. "Drop protection" is all I
really want from a cell phone case.