Keith

Default New passport requirements?

This is from the US Customs web site, no mention of a new passport
requirement.
http://www.customs.ustreas.gov/xp/cg...to_the_u_s.xml

__________________________--
Q: What Documents Must You Present?
A: A U.S. citizen must present a passport if traveling from outside
of the Western Hemisphere (The Western Hemisphere includes North, Central,
and South America). If traveling from inside the Western Hemisphere, any
proof of U.S. citizenship that clearly establishes identity and nationality
is permitted, such as a birth record or baptismal record. An alien who is a
lawful permanent resident of the United States must present a Permanent
Resident Card ("Green Card", Form I-551), a Reentry Permit, or a Returning
Resident Visa. (See How Do I Become a Lawful Permanent Resident While in the
United States? and How Do I Get a Travel Document?)

--

Keith
__
"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
Just heard from a friend who returned from a fishing trip to the Bahamas
Sunday. Traveled with drivers licence and birth certificate. C&I at West
Palm is cautioning everyone that effective January 1, 2005 US citizens
MUST have a passport for re-entry. Photo ID and birth certificate will
no longer be accepted. It supposedly applies to all countries not just
the Bahamas.

Seems to be big news on the sport fishing forums but I don't find
anything about it on the State Department sites and the New Orleans
Passport office doesn't have a clue. Can anyone find a way to verify this?

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com