iBoaterer[_2_] iBoaterer[_2_] is offline

Default Great boat food

In article ,
says...

On 11/29/11 7:56 PM, Tim wrote:
On Nov 29, 4:49 pm, John wrote:
We're having smoked salmon with chipotle cream sauce tonight. Needed something good to go with the
fish. Settled on red beans and rice and collard greens. My wife won't have any of the collards,
which is fine with me. She does love the red beans and rice though.

Anyway, now that y'all are salivating, here's the recipe for the collards:

Collard Greens

Grocery store bag full of Collards
Large onion
4-5 cloves garlic
5 slices bacon
1 tablespoon sugar
1/8 cup Balsamic vinegar
? tsp red pepper flakes (or something hot) (Franks Red Hot works well also)

Wash and de-stem collards (don't worry about small stems).

Roll collard leaves and cut rolls about 1" wide. Boil about a cup of water in a pot and put all the
greens in the pot with the boiling water. Cover and let cook for about 12 minutes. Drain.

In the pot, fry the bacon after cutting into 1" pieces. Slice the onions and saute' them with the
bacon. Don't let get done, as it will cook in the collards.

Chop garlic, add to balsamic vinegar, sugar, and hot pepper. Put collards back in pot and add the
ingredients, onions, etc. Stir, being sure to get the bacon pieces and fat mixed in well. Cover and
simmer for about one hour. Add a little water if necessary.

Saved for future reference.....

Taste is subjective, which explains my "blech" at the idea of smothering
a nice piece of smoked salmon with a chipotle sauce, or serving it with
beans, rice and collards.

I like salmon, smoked or otherwise, and I like red beans and rice, but
together? And all the hot sauces and spices? Why mask the taste of good
food, especially a delicate food like salmon, with hot sauces?

You just wanted to be negative as usual. I don't see where John said he
"smothered" his salmon. So you don't put any sauce on anything?