Keith

Default Import Duty on Boats

You can't get a U.S. registration if you are not a U.S. citizen. You can get
a State one, but doubt that would do you any good out of the U.S. When one
sells a federally registered boat, they have to surrender the documentation
papers to the USCG. The new owner must obtain his own registration.

--

Keith
__
"JohnM" wrote in message
Thanks for the info. Is there any reason I can't leave the boat as a USA
registered vesel? Or is there a time limit for such registrations for
foreign purchasers.I'm just weighing up the options.
Thanks again