Manlio Laschena

Default Cruising in Italy?

Followup to msg on Sat, 17 Jul 2004 14:06:29 GMT, "Hoges in WA"
:
(Original msg on bottom)

try Rod Heikell : Italian Waters Pilot ISBN 0 85288 627 6
www.imray.com

BTW there are thousands of pleasure boats around Italy and they sail
all the time ... :-))) or we would like to do it !

There are a lot of Marinas and harbours .. Italy is a big peninsula
totally surrounded by sea, as you know ... how could be .. with no
harbours. Have you never heard about Genoans, Pisans, Neapolitans ,
Venetians etc ..not to talk about Colombo . all sailors !!

Anyhow if you have some specific question ask here !
Ciao

Manlio

In the mags I read I see plenty about cruising in France, Greece, the
Caribbean, the Pacific etc etc with some spots getting a lot more coverage
than others for whatever reason.

One thing I have begun to notice is that there appears to be precious little
on Italy. Apart from Sicily, and there is not much of that, is there a
reason behind this? Are there no navigable waterways? Few harbours? Few
anchorages?

Just curious.

Manlio Laschena
http://Delphi-Jedi.org