Doug Dotson

Default How does smut get on this newsgroup?

Or easier yet, just ignore the stuff that offends you.
I'm sure that you tune past things on TV that you
don't care for. You don't buy magazines that are
counter to your beliefs do you? Generally the
subject line will clue you in as to the content, so
untie your shorts and enjoy the good info that is
available.

Doug
s/v Callista

ps. Ignore anything with the letters JAX in it

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On 16 Jul 2004 23:15:01 GMT, (MLapla4120) wrote:

Hi,
I'm a little disappointed to go through the posts and see the smut

postings.
Anyone else feel the same way? I mean, I'm in the mood to get insights

on
boating and listening to the valued opinions of the experienced and good
people ( you know what I mean). Instead, I get (well, you've seen them.
Does anyone supervise this? Or, are we stuck with this system?
Is it the same people that do spamming?

Anyway, fed up.

This is a public forum and anybody can post anything they choose... and

some
obviously choose inappropriate content, whether off-topic or off-color.

Your
best solution to this situation is to dump AOL, get some decent Newsreader
software, and write a few simple filters to eliminate the chaff.