John H[_2_] John H[_2_] is offline

Default Man catches 881-pound tuna, seized by feds..

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 16:10:54 -0500, BAR wrote:

On Nov 25, 8:43*am, X ` Man dump-on-conservati...@anywhere-you-
can.com wrote:
On 11/25/11 8:37 AM, BAR wrote:

In ,
says...

On 24/11/2011 5:56 PM, BAR wrote:
In ,
says...

On 24/11/2011 10:18 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 06:28:57 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...und-tuna-seize...

Not only did he get his fish confiscated, but will lose out on about
$400,000.00

All because it was caught in a net and not by a rod.

Too bad he didn't have a rod on the boat. Poke a hole in the fish's
mouth and spin a yarn. You might get on the cover of a fishing
magazine.
There are also the sponsorships, "I caught this fish on my Shakespeare
rod, with Trilene line *and my trusty Penn reel".

Rod? *881 pound tuna isn't coming in on a rod. *Might tear off your arms
if your rod is strapped to them.

Hooked on the rod and net used to bring it into the boat. Get creative.

I doubt a net, more likely gaff and winch.

How many people can lift 881 lbs in a net?

You have to be able to spin the fish tale with some bit of truth and a
lot of imagination.

D'oh. Large sportfishing boats going after really big fish usually have
tuna doors in the transom through which the really big fish can be
pulled if the fisherpersons are planning to keep the catch. Otherwise,
it is tag and release, usually done over the lower hullside near the stern.

Try fishing somewhere other than Red Lobster.

You wouldn't know a fish tale if it bit you in the ass.

I just posted a fishin' tale.