Wayne.B

Default ??? about keeping refrigerators cold

On 14 Jul 2004 16:42:12 -0700, (Richard
Kollmann) wrote:
The way that this problem is normally solved is by adding a standard
icebox 12 volt conversion unit in the existing refrigerator.

This is a good solution for the refrigeration business, and in
fairness, does provide some redundancy. The easy and cost effective
solution however is to use an inverter. WalMart is selling a nice
little 700 watt unit (1400 watt peak) for less than $80. I tried it
on my full size home fridge the other day and it ran fine, pulling
down less than 20 amps from a pair of golf cart batts (Sam's club, $45
each). On my old boat I ran a full width under-the-counter fridge
from an inverter. Average 12 volt draw draw was well under 10 amps.