Tom Hunter

Default Hull Construction

Hull construction is very important but 1989 is not. There are very high
quality boats that were built before that date and low quality pieces of
junk that were built after it.

Better to ask about Dorals in particular on this forum and also google them
to see what you can find out from other places.

"Shirley Tremblay" wrote in message
ers.com...
We have recently been advised to only consider used boats after 1989 or
thereabouts...apparently due to changes in hull construction techniques.
However, we have seen a 24' 1987 Doral in which we are quite interested.

How significant is this hull construction issue?

If a hull has had anti-fouling material applied, is it still possible to
assess the condition of the hull?