X ` Man[_3_] X ` Man[_3_] is offline

Default Talking Trash

On 11/24/11 9:34 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 20:50:37 -0500, X ` Man
wrote:

On 11/24/11 7:37 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 12:44:46 -0500, X ` Man
wrote:

On 11/24/11 12:27 PM,
wrote:

I really think the big money people in the GOP have given up on this
race. They have Obama and he is as much of a big business republican
as they could hope for. Sort of like Clinton.

Did anyone really think Dole was the strongest candidate the GOP could
come up with in 96?

I really fear that the best and brightest have no interest in politics
at any level and that is why we have the assortment of crooks, whackos
and ego maniacs that we have.

I have to admit, the Republicans win the whacko and ego maniac category
hands down. I can't recall either of the mainstream parties before this
year having nutcases like Palin (for a while), Bachmann, Perry, Cain,
Santorum and Gingrich as serious candidates after several months of
discussion and "debates." Ron Paul, of course, falls into his own category.

I don't know,in my lifetime, the democrats have had Strom Thurmond,
George Wallace, Robert Byrd, Gary Hart, Jesse Jackson and Jerry Brown
(back in his "moon beam" days), actually winning a primary.

I am not sure we even remember the "also rans" but I am sure we had
plenty of crazy sombitches who never made it to the primaries.

Gary Hart and Jerry Brown are not whackos.

And the gaggle of guys you mentioned didn't all run in the same
primaries. Nothing tops the gang of losers seeking the GOP nomination
next year.

Jerry Brown was pretty whacky in the 70s.

I agree the GOP has a pretty weak field right now tho.
The reality is, the last major party candidate I voted for was Reagan.

It's not just that they comprise a weak field...it's that so many of
them are so weirdly bizarre.

--
http://flickr.com/gp/hakr/8272ug