posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
injipoint[_2_] injipoint[_2_] is offline

Default Cruising Web Sites?

On 23/11/2011 3:53 PM, Bil wrote:
On Nov 24, 6:19 am, "Flying wrote:

In the meantime, we have a new 73# Rocna anchor on the way (I'll have a
for-sale on my 75# CQR knockoff here shortly, once I get the pictures up and

I'm hoping you saw the recall notice on some Rocna anchors.

The issue - as I understood it - was that a manufacturer used a cheap
steel in some Rocnas, to the point that their strength was
compromised. I think ownership of the brand has changed hands. So you
may need to check who made your Rocna and when.

Cheers

Bil

I don't think the change of ownership made any difference. Now
Canadian but I think they were in deception mode, too. Chinese
crap steel - owners tried to pretend it happened behind their backs
but it seems not. I would assume it's been stopped by now?