injipoint[_2_] injipoint[_2_] is offline

Default Cruising Web Sites?

On 22/11/2011 5:47 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 15:17:48 -0500,
wrote:

I use cruisersforum, ssca (member) and activecaptain.
I've used noonsite from time to time to access a particular blog from a
long term cruiser
I've corresponded with for many years. Speaking of which, I finally met
up with Roger yesterday
in Elizabeth City after crossing paths in Reedsville and then
Deltaville and finally on the Dismal Swamp.

We've crossed the Albemarle this morning and are sitting quietly in the
Alligator River Marina waiting to see what tomorrow brings. Hopefully,
we can get through the bridge and up into the river proper. Where are
you currently?

===

We've been back home in SWFL for about a month. No cruising planned
for a while but hopefully we'll get over to the Exumas late
winter/early spring.

How was the Dismal Swamp? I've always wanted to try that. What kind
of minimum depths were you seeing?

Good depths i.e. about 6 min in some places but way more in the middle
in most. Locks were good.

Are you talking about Roger from Maine? Let me know if you or Roger
are going to be near SWFL and we'll figure out how to meet up
somewhere.

I think Roger is only going as far as Georgia this year. He runs a
section on sailboatowners dot com which I subscribe to. Peggy Hall has
a column on there also. Check it for his Dismal Swamp updates over the
past couple of days for a good idea of what it's like. He's going to
put in a bit about the Feeder Lake that he visited.
We'll be in SE Florida, not SW depending on how you define SW. We will
be visiting a friend in Sarasota at some stage and also visiting a
former Commander of mine who's now an Admiral in Central Command. (I
like to pretend I helped in his elevation). Then Bahamas in January.

Is he the same Roger running the Q& A site?
Don't think so.

There's a good anchorage at the south end of the Alligator River just
before the canal, and another good anchorage at the western end.
Check on activecaptain.com for details.

Will do - I only just started using activecaptain

Keep moving south ASAP. It starts getting cold in the Carolinas this
time of year. Don't ask how I know. :-)

No need to tell us. We're from sunny South West Australia and getting
whacked by stuff that you guys think is "normal" is not pleasant for us.