Parallax

Default Dietz Lanterns available in the Tidewater Virginia area

"Don White" wrote in message ...
"JAXAshby" wrote in message
donny, just WHAT hurricane did you say hit you WHERE and you were unable

to buy
a Dietz lantern to light your way for HOW many days?

btw, doonny, have you ever tried to read by light of Dietz lantern? It is

like
trying to read by the light of four birthday candles.

"Don White", why is it the you who live in Virginia have a Canadian

email
address?

** Jax... I think you're getting me mixed up with the original poster.
Late in September of 2003 we suffered a direct hit from Hurricane Juan,
which should have been classed as catagory 2 strength as it roared through
here. See the sites Gene pointed out.
I was able to buy a lantern as soon as the stores re-opened...no problem.
My street's power was out for 6 days & nights as I mentioned.
No, I haven't tried to read by Dietz lantern......I was more concerned with
walking around the house without bumping into tables or falling down stairs.
We try to be resourceful in this area..vs NY where all goes to sh*t when a
little brownout happens on occasion.

In 1985, got hit by Hurricane Kate. Didnt have power for three weeks.
Used our trusty carbide lamps for light. Not too useful for sailing
although they would be useful for JAX (throw some calcium carbide into
the bilge to clean it). So why is it that ppl in VA think not having
power for a few days was such a disaster?