Aart

Default Fresh Water System Cleaning and Maintenance

This is exactly what I did. I use a removal, portable filter when filling
the tank, and then drain and dry it for storage until the next time. As it
turns out, I probably only use each filter element two or three times before
replacing it, just to be sure nothing has a long-term opportunity to grow
there.

I remain puzzled, though, at why the hot water side of the system seems to
have retained so much more an antifreeze smell than the cold side. The water
heater is pretty small, and was replaced only two years ago. I pumped and
drained through both cold and hot outlets in both galley and head before
filling the tank, let all of those continue to run through the first part of
filling the tank, ran them again extensively after letting the first tank
fill slosh around a good bit, and have run the them all lots since. Is there
any reason the antifreeze would seem to "accumulate" in the hot water side?

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
filters, left inline, trap bio material which then decomposes. filters

are
Perti dishes to a water system, or so I was told by a guy who spent his

career
designing filtration systems of various kinds.

He said the best system is to filter the water you need for the next short
period of time and then store the filter dry until the next time.